March 11, 2021

Spring is here giving us some good ol' D!

    Hello and welcome to my first impressions of this year's spring!


Photography of a path leading into a forest with a colorful banner edited on top saying "Spring is here"
... let's get out of the seasonal depression!
It has been a long, dark and lonely winter. Corona made it worse for most of all. The opportunities to meet people, to meet family and friends during the holidays, to just go out and eat at a restaurant or go shopping at a mall were not available for many. I, for my part am familiar with being alone and staying at home. But the gloomy winter days still take a toll on my mental health, every single year, as my depression gets worse in the cold and dark season.

That is why my mood is always skyrocketing as soon as the first warmer, sunnier spring days come around. Please do not get me wrong, I would not say that my depression is gone, not even in summer. But the warm rays of sunlight are soothing for my mind and I can let go of the winter's nadir. Although I struggle a lot with thoughts of hopelessness and worthlessness, spring is usually the season for me to just implement a little bit of positivity into my days.

If you are looking for a little bit of an inspiration to enjoy the first rays of sunlight please keep reading!

    Uplift your mood by following self-care routines


Receiving the little bit of extra vitamin D helps me take part in daily routines and to start with rituals based on my interests. I am more likely to leave my bed earlier (or at all), make myself a delicious homemade vegan coffee or go out and enjoy nature. I already shared in my last post that I am currently taking part in a prevocational education scheme. The facility is located in a rather small urban town surrounded by lots of nature and forests.

Close-up photography of a daisy.
Daisies - so plain, yet beautiful!
I actually like to spend my lunch breaks with taking a walk through the close-by woods. On the one hand I find it useful for clearing my mind for the upcoming hours of work, as well as for digesting the midday meal. On the other hand though it is a source of inspiration for me, especially now as flowers bloom and bees fly around.

    Photography and spring go well together


Walking through the forest has become a daily ritual for me. I love to capture the beauty around me though, so I often take photos of sprouting flowers and impressive trees. After all I believe that photography is very potent in a season that is full of renaissance and growth. Blooming flowers represent strength, power, a connection between ones roots and the environment around.

Sometimes I wish I was able to just completely cover myself with petals to sense the positive vibes. Just like a bee targeting a flower and bathing itself in pollen. I am painting a metaphorical picture for all of you here, but at the same time I have a real picture showing exactly how I want to feel. A few days ago, on my daily walk through the woods, I was able to capture the beauty of a bee collecting nectar and honeydew. Enjoy the shots!

Close-up photography of a bee pollinating a spring crocus.
This bee enjoying a bath in pollen is my spirit spring animal!
Close-up photography of a bee pollinating a spring crocus.
Look at that busy bee pollinating a spring crocus!
Close-up photography of two spring crocus blossoms.
Pure white spring croci embody spring like nothing else.
How do you feel about spring? Share your own (verbal) impressions down in the comment!

xxxx Aga

18 comments:

  1. Really nice post! I loved the images you took! I am so excited for spring to come and am ready for warm weather because I hated the cold this winter!

    xoxo Bruna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the comment and the compliments on my post!

      I hope spring (and summer) comes soon for us all to enjoy the warm weather and uplifting vibes!

      xxxx Aga

      Delete
  2. This is such an enjoyable read. I love the pictures too! Winter certainly was challenging, between the dreary weather and the pandemic, but I am happy spring is finally around the corner. I feel cautiously optimistic. At least we can start comfortably getting outside again, without freezing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your comment!

      I absolutely agree with you. You used the right expression - cautiously optimistic. It really is optimism paired with wariness what I am feeling right now. But nonetheless, it feels good.

      I hope you can enjoy the warm sun rays and blooming nature, stay safe!

      xxxx Aga

      Delete
  3. This was such a great read and truly love all the pictures!! The bees ones are my absolute favourite, they're such amazing insects! I am so glad spring is around the corner even if it's just warmer weather and longer days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I appreciate your comment!

      I love to see bees because that is usually the sign for spring. I am totally here for the warmer weather and longer, sunnier days!

      xxxx Aga

      Delete
  4. Such a wonderful read! Love the pictures of spring, so glad its spring, im feeling positive. Self care is. definite must :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your comment, thank you so much!

      Self-care is definitely a must during these tiring times, but I am glad for the change in season, it makes it a little bit more liveable! Stay safe and keep the positivity!

      xxxx Aga

      Delete
  5. I'm so excited Spring is finally coming along! I love warmer weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I love the sun and warmer days as they keep my depression a little bit at bay.

      Thank you for the comment!!

      xxxx Aga

      Delete
  6. Spring is so lovely and refreshing! After the long Corona winter, I am so ready for enjoying the sunshine and the company of others (safely). I love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your comment!!

      I hope you can enjoy the sunshine and safe company of others! Savor the positivity and spring vibes and stay safe!!

      xxxx Aga

      Delete
  7. Totally agree about photography and spring, I love capturing the new season! Great post.

    Anika | chaptersofmay.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your comment, I appreciate it!

      xxxx Aga

      Delete
  8. I absolutely cannot wait for Spring. I've been disappointed that we've had cooler temperatures and rain here because a few years ago, I actually got sun burnt in March.
    Love your photos, especially the bees!

    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Rosie, I appreciate your comment!!

      Getting sunburnt in March sounds like a very warm and sunny spring. I hope we get it this year, too, but without such a dry and hot summer, though.

      I hope you can enjoy the warm ans sunny weather soon!!

      xxxx Aga

      Delete
  9. Aw, so gorgeous! We've been having sunny days and its been so nice. You're so right, I've been getting out of bed earlier which is nice! Thank you for sharing x

    www.lynnmumbingmejia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much!

      Yes, I actually like to get out of bed earlier than when it's winter as I enjoy savoring the morning sun. I hope you experience some spring positivity!!

      xxxx Aga

      Delete

Salut et bonjour, feel free to comment! ♥