December 26, 2011

Metal X-mas songs - Top5

So, on the second day of christmas I want to post some metal songs for the christmas time. I found songs recorded between 1990 and 2007 by various artists. The idea I got indirect by some of my friends (thanks to Vanessa, Fabian and Andreas. This post I dedicate to them, 'cause they kind of inspire me :))
I hope you'll listen to them, because I really like those songs and I just can suggest them to you. (I made a playlist on youtube, so you can listen through some of the songs! Click HERE!)
  1. Manowar - Silent Night (2007)
  2. Iron Maiden - Another Rock'n'Roll Christmas (1996)
  3. Kamelot - We Three Kings (2000)
  4. Skid Row - Jingle Bells (2007)
  5. AC/DC - Mistress for christmas (1990)
In 2007 Manowar released their first christmas song called "Silent Night" in both English and German versions. It was free to download at the band's website. I have to say, it's not a song, I would expect from Manowar, but it's a christmas song called "Silent Night", so I think it doesn't have to be extra-loud. The first two minutes are more symphonic, along the lines of if Trans-Siberian Orchestra was covering the song. But up until the end it rather can be called a metal song. All in all it's a nice christmans song, which starts kind of normal and developes into a louder and more screamed one. I personally like it the most! :)
Iron Maiden released "Another Rock'n Roll Christmas" the year I was born (1996) :) I think, it's a great song, but it's a little bit to un-loud for a typical metal song (well, as I said about Manowar's single: it's christmas, so I guess it's okay to be a bit more quiet) and the lyrics are not that usual for metal songs. Although I like it, because the instrumental elements and the voice of Blaze Bayley sounds amazing!
As the third favorite song I got "We Three Kings" (2000), an instrumental on their first live album by Kameloth for you. It`s a pity, that this song is just a instrumental one, but I like it even though there are no lyrics. In my opinion it's a classic, symphonic song, matched with great instruments, just as guitars, electric guitars, basses, etc. and with a good melody.
"Jingle Bells" by Skid Row (2007) is a song for metal-lovers at christmas time. I like the electric guitar-played parts and the whole instrumental thing. The voice of Johnny Solinger makes the song more 'metally'. But all together it has almost the same lyrics like the original version of Jingle Bells, and it's not a very special metal christmas song.
In the song "Mistress for Christmas" by AC/DC from 1990's "Razor's Edge" album Brian Johnsons voice really sounds great! It's rather a slow and not that loud song, but this way the voice comes out better. The only critical thing: AC/DC end with the lines "I wanna hear you coming down my smoke stack / I wanna ride your reindeer honey and ring the bells" which sounds (in my opinion completely) weird.

I hope you like some of the songs, or at least listened to them after reading this article! :)
xoxo Agnes

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Salut et bonjour, feel free to comment! ♥